The Country Dance Society, Boston Centre
July 4th Weekend at Pinewoods Camp
June 30 - July 4, 2016
Join us for a wonderful weekend of dance and music!
The session features three full days of workshops, evening dances, and social activities.
Our amazing staff includes
Joanna Reiner - English Country Dance
Lisa Greenleaf - American Dance
Christine Robb - English Country Dance
Rich Jackson - English Country Dance
Ben Moss - Cotsworld Morris & Northwest Clog
Sarah Henry - Rapper & Flamborough Longsword
John Mayberry & Jamie Beaton - Porch Singing
Kate Barnes - Band Class
Miss Laura - Crafts
Karen Axelrod, Kate Barnes, Rachel Bell,
Rebecca Bosworth-Clemens, Earl Gaddis, Michael Gorin, Dave Langford, Mary Lea, Amelia Mason, Jacqueline Schwab
The evening dances will be a mix of English country dancing, and American contras and squares.
There will be 5 periods of classes during the day of both Social dance and Ritual dance.
Pinewoods Camp is a traditional dance and music camp located near Plymouth, Massachusetts. Open-air, wooden-floored pavilions are used for dance activities, and most social events are held at the camphouse. There is an open-air dining hall and campers are housed in small cabins scattered throughout the woods.
For more information, contact the 2016 Co-chairs Rich Jackson or Erika Roderick at < july4 at cds-boston dot org >
Applications must be received by this date to be eligible for the lottery. Register online.
||Acceptance and waiting list notifications will be emailed.
||Full payment due.
• The weekend is open to persons age 18 and over; exceptions will be considered on an individual basis.
• Some half scholarships are available.
• Prior dance experience is not necessary.
• CDS-Boston Centre does not consider gender in its camper admissions.
• If applications received by April 15th exceed available spaces, a lottery will be held.
• Applications received after April 15th will be processed in the order received.
• CDS-BC members as of April 15th will be given preference. Join CDS-Boston today.
• Campers applying together will be considered as a group if a lottery is held. In order to receive
membership consideration in a lottery, all parties in the group must be members by April 15th.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application. Do not send payment.
- Email confirmation will be sent when we receive your application.
- Acceptance and waiting list notifications and payment information will be sent by email
by April 22nd.
• $355 for CDS-BC members and $365 for non-members.
• A few work-exchange positions are available; check the space on the online Registration Form to receive an application.
• Full payment must be received by May 15th, or your application will be moved to the bottom of the wait list.
Room and Board
We will honor housing and roommate preferences whenever possible. You may request specific housing, or general desires (quiet area, party area, single, etc.). If you do not state a roommate preference, we will use age and smoking information to assign you a roommate of the same gender. Housing requests must be received in writing by June 2nd.
Parking is limited. Please help by bringing one car per application, or even better, carpool if you can. We will help match drivers with passengers and/or those arriving by public transportation.
Arrival and Departure Times
Camp opens and campers may enter at 3 PM on Thursday, June 30th. The session continues through breakfast on Monday, July 4th, and campers must be out of camp by 10 AM. If you'd like to stay longer, consider English Scottish Contra, July 4 - 8, 2016.
2016 flyer (pdf file)
If you have any questions about Registration, please contact Rich Jackson at < july4 at cds-boston dot org >
Back to CDS Boston Summer Camps
All CDS-Boston Centre events are open to everyone. No partners are needed to attend any events or dances.
|< webmaster at cds-boston dot org >
||Last modified on April 18, 2016