The Country Dance Society, Boston Centre
July 4th Weekend at Pinewoods Camp
July 2 - 6, 2015
Join us for three full days of dance and music workshops, evening dances, and social activities.
Our amazing staff includes
Barbara Finney - English Country Dance
David Millstone - English and American Dance
Sarah VanNorstrand - American Dance
Rachel Bell & Karen Axelrod - French Music & Dance
Andra Horton - Longsword & Molly
Gillian Stewart - Rapper
Justin Morrison - Cotsworld Morris
John Mayberry & Jamie Beaton - Porch Singing
Peter Barnes & Tom Kruskal - Band Class
Miss Laura - Crafts
Karen Axelrod, Rachel Bell, Catherine Miller, Tom Kruskal and Natty Smith
Register Online by April 15
The evening dances will be a mix of English country dancing, and contras and squares.
Pinewoods is a traditional dance and music camp located near Plymouth, Massachusetts. Open-air, wooden-floored pavilions are used for dance activities, and most social events are held at the camphouse. There is an open-air dining hall and campers are housed in small cabins scattered throughout the woods.
For more information, contact the 2015 Co-chairs Pat MacPherson and Rich Jackson at < july4 at cds-boston dot org >
Applications must be received by this date to be eligible for the lottery. Register online.
||Acceptance and waiting list notifications will be emailed.
|| $100 deposit or discounted full payment due.
||Full payment due.
• The weekend is open to persons age 18 and over; exceptions will be considered on an individual basis.
• Prior dance experience is not necessary.
• CDS-Boston Centre does not consider gender in its camper admissions.
• If applications received by April 15th exceed available spaces, a lottery will be held.
• Applications received after April 15th will be processed in the order received.
• CDS-BC members as of April 15th will be given preference. We cannot process membership applications with your registration. Join CDS-Boston today.
• Campers applying together will be considered as a group if a lottery is held. In order to receive
membership consideration in a lottery, all parties in the group must be members by April 15th.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application. Do not send payment.
- Email confirmation will be sent when we receive your application.
- Acceptance and waiting list notifications and payment information will be sent by email
by April 20th.
- $100 deposit or discounted full payment is due two weeks after acceptance is received.
• $345 for CDS-BC members and $360 for non-members if paid in full by May 4th.
• $355 for members and $370 for non-members if paid after May 4th.
• A $100 deposit is required to reserve a space; all but $25 is refundable if you cancel by June 2nd.
• A few work-exchange positions are available; check the space on the online Registration Form to receive an application.
Applications for these positions will be considered only if the $100 deposit is received by May 4th.
• Full payment must be received by June 2nd, or your application will be moved to the bottom of the wait list.
Room and Board
We will honor housing and roommate preferences whenever possible. You may request specific housing, or general desires (quiet area, party area, single, etc.). If you do not state a roommate preference, we will use age and smoking information to assign you a roommate of the same gender. Housing requests must be received in writing by June 2nd.
Parking is limited. Please help by bringing one car per application, or even better, carpool if you can. We will help match drivers with passengers and/or those arriving by public transportation.
Arrival and Departure Times
Camp opens and campers may enter at 3 PM on Thursday, July 2nd. The session continues through breakfast on Monday, July 6th, and campers must be out of camp by 10 AM. If you'd like to stay longer, consider English Scottish Contra, July 6 - 10, 2015.
2015 flyer (pdf file)
If you have any questions about Registration, please contact Rich Jackson at < july4 at cds-boston dot org >
Back to CDS Boston Summer Camps
All CDS-Boston Centre events are open to everyone. No partners are needed to attend any events or dances.
|< webmaster at cds-boston dot org >
||Last modified on February 6, 2015